Dec 15, 2006

Wow...

Next to eating a peanut butter & jam sandwich with nsenene (grasshoppers) on the side for lunch, the highlight of today was how beautiful Aggie looked! The Ugandan workers from the team here organized a party to thank everyone for the work they've done this year, and as a special guest of Aggies, I was invited as well. When she arrived, Aggie came walking down through the compound towards The Gatehouse and I thought "Is that Agnes? If it is, she has a totally different hair-do!" I thought it was quite possibly her, because the African women here change their hairstyles even more often than their Mzungu (white) counterparts! I heard her laugh & knew it was her! She looked STUNNING (*jaw dropped to ground*). In addition to the hair-do, she had a beautiful African dress on. Wow! She is a classy woman! I was glad I'd put some decent clothes on! So off we went to the dinner, and it was great. These Ugandans are hilarious, they have a really dry sense of humour and are always poking fun at eachother, *chuckle*. The food was excellent too - a mix of African & Mzungu, but mostly African.

Another highlight of today was the package of food that Aggie dropped off for me - more nsenene, and also cooked fish (Tilapia) and grilled bananas! Someone said tonight at the party "Have you heard that the way to a mans heart is through his stomach?" and I elbowed Aggie & told her that I think she must be the one who originally started that whole thing, & she laughed. I'm finding it hard to "receive" all these blessings and love from her - one of my "issues". I know she genuinely wants to do these things for me. I walked around the compound a bit later tonight thinking & talking to God about this (and thanking Him) and receiving in retrospect.

Click here for more photos!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Y'all look so cute!!!!!