Dec 14, 2006

Kabalagala


Today it poured from early to late morning. It's the transition between a rainy & dry season here (they have 2 rainy & 2 dry seasons each year), so some days I wake up in the early morning and it's pouring, and some days I wake up and the sky is totally blue & it's dry. People tell me that soon it's going to be dry and hot. January is the hottest month here, but John said that it's not as bad as an Alabama (or Georgia, where they're from) summer - nowhere near as humid. The rainy season is when it's humid, but it's also cooler, so that sounds good to me! People here are sensitive to small changes in temperature, since it's almost the same temp all year round.

In the afternoon, people met at the ministry centre (about a 1/2 hr walk from the compound) for "T4T" - "Training for Trainers". Here, people (mostly the Ugandans working with, or on, the team) are being taught by the team leaders and pastors to be leaders (and pastors) themselves. Today John taught from Acts 12 & 13. Very challenging stuff for me personally. Aggie & I walked back to the compound via the market at Kabalagala (which means "pancake" -
I like it, *grin*) where I bought fresh eggs & bananas (the small, really sweet ones) and some milk. The photo here is of bags of grains and beans and stuff - my mouth waters! (my sister will laugh). I hope to cook some of these soon - I brought some cookbooks ("Meals without Meat", Paech's and Powells).

Aggie and I spent another eve together, eating Chipati (a flat bread, a bit like Indian "Naan", only better) & milk for tea (dinner) at The Gatehouse.

No comments: